What is the MLC (Marianist LIFE Community) at CJ?
- LIFE stands for “Living In Faith Experience”
- There is a Marianist LIFE Program in every Marianist school/parish
- The goals of life are to create a community in the school that prays together, learns together, plays together, eats together, and supports one another.
How do I become part of the Marianist LIFE Community?
Everyone is welcome to be a part of this community. There is no official membership. LIFE events are open to students from all grades. Just come!
- MLC Mondays – these are like mini retreat opportunities. We will eat, play games, have a presentation on a topic or theme, share conversation together, and pray together.
- MLC Nights/Socials – We will sponsor different community building events. In the past we have done Bonfires, trips to UD and Tom's Maze, events for Hunger and Homeless Awareness, and Rallies. We will do at least a few events a year.
- Joint MLC Events with other schools/parishes – In the past we have joined Queen of Apostles Church, St. Henry Parish, Moeller High School, and Purcell Marian High School for different MLC events. We have done joint dances, Christmas parties, and retreat weekends. We hope to collaborate with some or all of these groups again this year.
When I am a Junior or a Senior, why would I consider going to LIFE Week?
- LIFE Week allows students to grow in their relationship with God!
- LIFE Week teaches students to be faith leaders in their home schools!
- LIFE Week connects students to other schools who have similar values!
- LIFE Week helps students understand more fully what it means to be Marianist!
Who do I talk to if I want more information?
Find a LIFE Leader – all of these students can tell you more and help you get involved! Ms. Harbaugh and Mrs. Badinghaus are the adult moderators and can also answer questions about LIFE! We will also do our best to update the school webpage with more information.